The latest news on healthy living. To suggest or submit an idea for a HealthBrief or other editorial, click here.
Soothe Your Nervous System with Healing Touch
by Donna Pascaretta
- May is the month we celebrate mothers and mothers to be! Being a woman in the 21st century is not an easy task. Women face challenges daily that are now being compounded with COVID issues. Women manage...
Updated 2020-2025 Guidelines
- In updated 2020-2025 dietary guidelines, the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services have endorsed the specific use of certain supplements, noting that under-consumption of some...
Sleepless Nights May Trigger Rise In Anxiety Levels
- A natural, non-pharmaceutical remedy for anxiety disorders that affect 40 million Americans is as close as our beds, say University of California at Berkeley researchers. In Nature Human Behaviour, they reported that...
Store-Bought Baby Food May Pose Hidden Dangers
- As convenient as store-bought baby food is, it can pose hidden dangers for infant brains, say U.S. congressional investigators. A report issued by the House of Representatives on February 4 found...
Study Showed Improvements In Blood Bessel Health, Exercise Performance Levels and Muscle Mass
- Non-alcoholic beer is booming, with U.S. sales up by 39 percent last year, and it now poses a health benefit as a study-proven dietary supplement for people with cirrhosis of the liver. Many nutritional supplements don’t work for such patients because...
Natural Immune System Support Eases Airborne and Food Allergies
by Lee Rossano
- No matter what allergens, whether food, environmental/chemical or airborne pollens, trigger an individual’s spring allergies, all allergies have this in common: they perpetuate themselves by aggravating the immune system. Allergies are a sign of a tired immune system. Constant sinus infection and rounds of antibiotics deplete the immune system as well as create...
Study Shows Beetroot Juice Relaxes and Widens Blood Vessels
- Hypertension is a global disease that particularly affects people in low-income communities, but a new study by the UK University of Nottingham suggests that beetroot juice may be a practical solution for people with high blood pressure that have little access to...
Study Shows Both Types Improved Cholesterol, Triglyceride and LDL-C Levels
- Iranian researchers tested 90 patients undergoing elective heart angioplasty, giving one group 500 milligrams (mg) curcumin, the second group 80 mg nano-curcumin, and the third a placebo. After...
Propolis and Vitamins A, E and D
- Two new studies offer hope for dealing with the winter’s respiratory woes. Propolis, the resin-like substance made by bees from plants to build their hives, has been used for centuries to...
Use Humates for Rich Soil and a Healthy Body
- A healthy home starts with the ground underneath it, and healthy ground starts with humates. Also called humic acid, humates add trace minerals to and remove toxins from soil. They can even supplement drinking...
Spring Cleaning for the Body
By Jason Eagle
- A clean sponge is needed for spring cleaning, and the body is like a sponge that needs to be cleaned—by detoxifying it. The first level of detox (classic detox) includes cleaning up one’s diet, by taking specific detoxifying herbs and products or...
How Environmental Factors Influence Our Health and Behavior
- "Human adipose (fat) tissue from U.S. residents has revealed 700+ chemical contaminants that have not been chemically identified while more than 80,000+ chemicals and toxicants have been developed, distributed and discarded into...
Tips for Controlling Our Indoor Environment
- We contribute to outdoor air pollution in hundreds of subtle ways. While ultimately outdoor air pollution must be reduced as a matter of public policy, individuals still make a difference. Limiting the use of chemicals and making energy-efficient choices will reduce your personal contribution. We each have so much...
Platelet-Rich Fibrin and Laser Therapies Enhance Healing
- Regenerative dentistry may be the appropriate approach for patients whose damaged jaw and oral tissues increase the risk of conventional surgical procedures. The regenerative modalities of...
Relieve Unpleasant Symptoms with BioIdentical Hormones
- Menopause is the time when a woman says good-bye to her reproductive years and ushers in a time of hormone imbalances. Many experience unpleasant symptoms such as...
Study from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Something as simple as a mother’s vitamin D level can have a future impact on her children, a study from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
May Cause Health Problems for Some High-Risk Groups
- In updated guidelines, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning that dental amalgam fillings may cause health problems for some high-risk groups because of mercury vapor leaks. Among those advised to
New Study by Trinity College Dublin
- Polypropylene baby bottles—which comprise 82 percent of the global baby bottle market—release an “extraordinary” number of microplastic particles, reports a new study by Trinity College Dublin. In a study
Reduce Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
- Regular consumption of chili peppers can reduce the risk of dying from cardiovascular disease by 26 percent and from cancer by 23 percent, suggests a review of 4,729 studies involving
Promote New, Healthier Thoughts and Actions
- Each year, many people consciously decide to create change by making resolutions and setting goals. But for most, this effort is short-lived and old patterns win out. This cycle is frustrating and can oftentimes
Noninvasive Wellness Monitor Identifies Nutritional Deficiencies
- In this confusing time with hundreds of “proven diets,” thousands of nutrition books, conflicting research and advice for diet and lifestyle, how are people to know what is best for their bodies? Many feel as though they are on their own while
Recognizing the difference between the good hormone leptin, and the bad hormone ghrelin is the first step and the
Maximize Your Potential to Promote Optimal Health
- Many today are seeking more natural solutions for staying healthy or to help with a chronic health condition. For some, prescription medications might cause reactions or dysfunction, surgery may not be an option, or
Safe, Noninvasive Help for Arthritis, Joint Disease and More
- Regenerative medicine in the form of exosomes and umbilical stem cells may be the way to go for those suffering with pain, stiffness and inflammation associated with arthritis, osteoarthritis, joint disease and
Eating Citrus and Vegetable Daily Can Help Seniors
- “Bulking up” evokes images of bodybuilders and possible steroid use, but new research shows that older people that simply eat lots of vitamin C-rich fruits and vegetables have greater skeletal muscle mass than
Patients also reported improved moods and energy
- Yoga postures and breathing may significantly reduce episodes of atrial fibrillation, suggests a new study—good news for the one in 11 Americans that suffer from its anxiety-producing palpitations, racing pulses, dizziness and shortness of breath. In the study, which was
Sustain Performance, Manage Inflammation and Speed Recovery
- Whether you are a professional athlete or participating in an amateur sports league with your friends, exercise can provide significant benefits. However, exercise, when not managed correctly, can also lead to injury. To ensure that you...
Effective Ingredients and Simple, Results-Driven Steps
- The need to avoid harsh chemicals in favor of naturally soothing ingredients on skin is clear to Holly Cutler, creator of The Skin Saint™ product line, which is free of problematic components such as parabens, sulfates and formaldehyde. She is the owner of